7/11/2011

The Song From Kokuriko Hill by Studio Ghibli


This song was written about 35 years ago.
Now it's brought back once again on the screen
as the theme song for "From Kokuriko Hill"
brought by the famous team that made " Spirited Away ".
I introduce the original song in this blog,
with a translation in English.
Hope you'd try to sing this in karaoke !



The Summer of Goodbye
lyric translation by terrysun

In sparkling ocean light,
there goes the blurring ship
leaving the sound behind the hull
the whistle of Goodbye.

Walking down from the hill,
that slopes down to the beach,
there is a breeze of summertime
remind me of you.

Let sing of my love,
in sweet melodies
singing high and singing low
the sound of my heart.
Let go of my love,
just like the seagull flies
flying high and flying low
above the sea.

And when the sun goes down,
and if I call your name,
will it bring back my memories
of you with the smile?

Walking down on a street,
I hear the trembling trees
they cast a shadow on the road
the veil of Goodbye.

There is a weathercock
on the old chapel roof
will it show me the town below
in light of summertime?

Let go of my love
in tears of yesterdays'
drying up and soaring high
as the wind blows.

Let come of my love
tomorrow for refrain
forever and endlessly
in my heart.

And when the sun goes down
and once again we meet
I wonder if you hold me tight
and love starts again.


オリジナル歌詞

さよならの夏
歌/森山良子 作詞/万里村ゆき子 作曲・編曲/坂田晃一

光る海にかすむ船は
さよならの汽笛残します。
ゆるい坂を下りていけば
夏色の風に会えるかしら
私の愛、それはメロディー
高く低く歌うの
私の愛、それはかもめ
高く低く飛ぶの
夕日の中、呼んでみたら
優しいあなたに会えるかしら

散歩道にゆれる木々は
さよならの影を落とします
古いチャペル風見の鶏
夏色の街はみえるかしら
昨日の愛、それは涙
やがて渇き消えるの
明日の愛、それはルフラン
終わりのない言葉
夕日の中、巡りあえば
あなたは私を抱くかしら

英語は度胸と愛嬌!

No comments:

Post a Comment